The 2019 Prototype Open is here and better than ever! We have over 120 of our amazing members signed up and competing on two teams. The teams are Baby Got Black (#BabyGotBlack) led by 2018 Community Member of the Year Dr. Annie Powell and team Abominable Snow Monsters of the North (#TeamAbominable) led by 2018 Community Member of the Year Col. Brent French.
Week 2 (19.2) is officially in the books! It was a twist on a repeat of CrossFit Open WOD 16.2 that combined Toe to bar (knee raises), Double Unders (Single unders) and Squat Cleans. After the workout was announced Thursday night, two of our athletes went head to head and it was a ton of fun to watch! The body weight ninja battle comprised of Coach Jon Collette from#BabyGotBlack and Kevin Cruz (every years winner of #BestGear) from #TeamAbominable. Kevin bested Jon in the head to head by 1 rep earning himself an additional 5 points. Jon being the runner up earned his team an additional 3 points! Below is the full workout:
19.2: AMRAP in 20 minutes
Beginning on an 8-minute clock, complete as many reps as possible of:
15 Squat Cleans (135/85 lb)
13 squat cleans (185/115 lb)
If completed before 8 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
11 Squat Cleans (225/145 lb)
If completed before 12 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
9 Squat Cleans (275/175 lb)
If completed before 16 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
7 Squat Cleans (315/205 lb)
Time Cap: 20 minutes
We saw some amazing performances this past week and we want highlight some of these individuals and give you a scoring update after week 2:
This workout was tough to say the least! Shout out to all of those who got it in and made it happen! Way to step outside your comfort zone! Even Todd and Peg Kinsman got there 19.2 on while on vacation, way to go!!!
Below are your Top 10 scores for the Women and Top 5 scores for the Men for 19.2 (3 additional points are added for these athletes):
- Marissa Papazian-175 (5:41) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Erin Burton-172 (6:36) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Lisa Zancewicz-172 (7:01) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Caitlin Pond-170 (7:12) (#TeamAbominable)
- Nicole Moore-168 (6:34) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Buffy Buradagunta-165 (7:36) (#TeamAbominable)
- Stefy Arroyave-147 (1:59) (#TeamAbominable)
- Priscilla Silva-146 (2:33) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Courtney Cruz-144 (2:38) (#TeamAbominable)
- Flavia Winslow-137 (2:40) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Jeff Kijak-263 (10:00) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Mike Collette-261 (10:26) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Garret St. Onge-257 (11:03) (#TeamAbominable)
- Jack Levy-254 (11:58) (#TeamAbominable)
- Sam Kafel-253 (11:16) (#TeamAbominable)
- Tim Welch-253 (11:41) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Joey Walker-176 (5:43) (#TeamAbominable)
- Mark DiRienzo-173 (5:23) (#BabyGotBlack)
- Dave Marcus-173 (5:53) (#TeamAbominable)
- Mo Ahmed-171 (6:29) (#TeamAbominable)
Congrats to the top performing scores for 19.2, way to go everyone! Below are those individuals who earned PASSION POINTS for their respective teams! This week was a tough workout and we saw some amazing performances and many stepping outside their comfort zone. Shout out to the individuals below for earning these awards and getting an additional 5 points for their team!
- Spirit of the Week: Captain Annie Powell (#BabyGotBlack)
- Hardest Worker: Steve Blackwell (#TeamAbominable)
- Top Performer: Marissa Papazian (#BabyGotBlack)
With all of that said, the score after week 2 was…. a tie! Team Abominable leads by just 5 points going into Week 3. The final scoring from Week 2 is below along with the link to the spreadsheet where you can see the full breakdown. Before taking a look at this, please take note of the reminders below:
- Wear your Team shirts on Fridays OR when you are completing the Open workout that week!
- Make sure to leave your score sheet in the folder at the desk after completing the workout!
- Don’t forget to log your score as well in WODIFY as we may retest these workouts down the road!
- Scores need to be submitted each week before 8pm ET on Monday into the Games.CrossFit.com site!
- Share your accomplishments and pictures on Facebook and Instagram and don’t forget your team # (#BabyGotBlack or #TeamAbominable) and TAG US! @crossfitprototype #PrototypeOpen #CrossFitPrototype
CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK TO THE FULL SCORING BREAKDOWN!
What do you think 19.3 will be? Share your thoughts and post them in our Members Only Group on Facebook!