The 2019 Prototype Open is here and better than ever! We have over 120 of our amazing members signed up and competing on two teams. The teams are Baby Got Black (#BabyGotBlack) led by 2018 Community Member of the Year Dr. Annie Powell and team Abominable Snow Monsters of the North (#TeamAbominable) led by 2018 Community Member of the Year Col. Brent French.
Week 3 (19.3) is officially in the books and it was one of the toughest yet! In a 10 min cap you had to complete 200ft of Overhead DB walking lunges (50/35lb), 50 Dumbell Step ups (24/2oin) (50/35lb), 50 strict HSPU, 200ft Handstand Walk… WOW! After the workout was announced Thursday night, two of our athletes went head to head and it was a ton of fun to watch! This was round 3 of Coach Caitlin of #TeamAbominable and Coach Ben of team #BabyGotBlack. Caitlin bested Ben in the head to head earning her an additional 5 points. Ben being the runner up earned his team an additional 3 points!
We saw some amazing performances this past week and we want highlight some of these individuals and give you a scoring update after week 3:
This workout was tough to say the least! Shout out to all of those who got it in and made it happen! Way to step outside your comfort zone! We even saw a few people do a retest an drastically improve their scores!
Below are your Top 10 scores for the Women and Top 5 scores for the Men for 19.3 (3 additional points are added for these athletes):
Congrats to the top performing scores for 19.3, way to go everyone! Below are those individuals who earned PASSION POINTS for their respective teams! This week was a tough workout and we saw some amazing performances and many stepping outside their comfort zone. Shout out to the individuals below for earning these awards and getting an additional 5 points for their team!
- Spirit of the Week: Lillian Rich (#TeamAbominable)
- Hardest Worker: Jack Levy(#TeamAbominable)
- Top Performer: Garret St. Onge (#TeamAbominable)
With all of that said, the score after week 3 was a beat down by #TeamAbmoniable! Team Abominable leads by 41 points going into Week 4. There are 2 more workouts left, can #BabyGotBlack come back from this?! The final scoring from Week 3 is below along with the link to the spreadsheet where you can see the full breakdown. Before taking a look at this, please take note of the reminders below:
- Wear your Team shirts on Fridays OR when you are completing the Open workout that week!
- Make sure to leave your score sheet in the folder at the desk after completing the workout!
- Don’t forget to log your score as well in WODIFY as we may retest these workouts down the road!
- Scores need to be submitted each week before 8pm ET on Monday into the Games.CrossFit.com site!
- Share your accomplishments and pictures on Facebook and Instagram and don’t forget your team # (#BabyGotBlack or #TeamAbominable) and TAG US! @crossfitprototype #PrototypeOpen #CrossFitPrototype
Here is the link to see the full scoring and breakdown for the week!