As you might know, CrossFit is a way to cram a whole lot of exercise into a short amount of time. You’ll be pushing yourself to the limit: your body may be telling you to stop, but the ambition in your brain will tell your body “Never!”
With so much action going on during a CrossFit, it can be easy to think short term: how is this making me feel right now? But CrossFit (and all of the activities at our fitness gym) can help in both the short and long term. Let’s take a look at what it’s doing for you.
Exercise sometimes hurts, but it also feels great. Here are the short-term benefits of exercising.
- Feel Good Brain Chemicals – Our bodies need exercise, and that’s why our brain rewards us with endorphins and serotonin so that we feel good about getting done what needs to get done!
- It’s a Confidence Boost – You set out to achieve a goal at our fitness gym, and then you achieved it! It’s hard to beat that boost in confidence you get when you attempt something hard and follow through.
- Do Something Else! – Your brain doesn’t just want to do the same monotonous chores every day, whether it’s punching in numbers at a computer or nailing shingles to a roof. Exercise like CrossFit or working out with a personal trainer gives your mind the variety it craves.
Why is every doctor telling their patients to get exercise? Because regular exercise has incredible long-term health benefits.
- Exercise Keeps the Weight Down – Exercising helps to keep your weight down, which puts lets stress on your body and its organs.
- Fix Your Blood Pressure – Exercise helps to decrease your blood pressure. High blood pressure increases your risk of heart disease, kidney disease, and stroke.
- Fight Diabetes – Getting enough exercise and reducing your weight decreases the chance that you’ll develop type 2 diabetes.
- Reduce Your Bad Cholesterol – Regular exercise can once again protect your heart from the dangers of heart disease. Exercise increases the good cholesterol and lowers your bad cholesterol.
- Decrease Cancers – Exercise can actually decrease your risk of cancer, including breast and colon cancers.
- Increase Bone Density – Putting pressure on bones makes them stronger. Resistance training of any sort will increase bone density .
- It’s Another Confidence Boost – When you take a look in the mirror and see the body that you’ve been wanting for so long, that’s another confidence boost that will make you feel great.
When it comes right down to it, exercising is one of the simplest ways to ensure that you’re going to live longer. It can make you feel better today and ensure that you’ll feel better as you get older. The important thing is to keep with it. Of course, that’s where many people falter…when they can’t find exercise they enjoy, and find the time in which to do it, it can be difficult to keep up with it.
That’s where CrossFit some in. Our fitness gym is all about making exercise as enjoyable as possible. While it might be tough, you’re going to enjoy all of the short-term benefits mentioned above and you’ll be one step closer to a lifelong regimen that can help you live a longer, healthier life. Check out our CrossFit schedule here, or learn more about our small group training and our personal trainers by clicking this link.